- CRS was fined for having no LOTO policy in place, as seen below.
- Even the day of the OSHA Inspector’s visit to CRS brought further CRS managerial heat against me.
- While the OSHA Inspector was within CRS, I was doing an audit with all the papers spread out on the huge conference room table.
- Vise Director Dr. Ackerhalt and Supervisor Erol Bars decided to bring the Inspector up to that conference room to privately speak with him, only to discover that I was in there already, so they asked me to leave.
- As I packed up to take the papers to my office, my Supervisor Erol Bars inquiringly mentioned to me that this person is an OSHA Inspector. I turned and answered, “I know he is because I was the one who called OSHA and that is why he is here”.
- Supervisor Erol Bars then angrily said that he was going to “report me” to Director Dr. Nabi.
- I asked “for what?”, at which point the OSHA Inspector scolded us telling us to stop talking.
- I was surprised the OSHA Inspector never spoke with me, as I had prepared schematics for him to examine, so he could better understand the risks we where exposed to from multiple power supplies, when we performed maintenance, not only when doing filament replacements but also on many other items we would address. (All of the cyclotron and pneumatic transport and other departmental schematics where kept in my office).
click on document to enlarge